It is finally summer! That can only mean one thing: you will be using your plumbing system more in an effort to stay cool. However, water is a precious resource that we must conserve. Below are some practical tips homeowners can use to conserve water this season.
- Take a quick shower instead of a long, indulgent bath.
- Don’t wash dishes by hand. Instead, wash them in the dishwasher.
- Remember that the toilet is not a trash can. Do not flush wipes, cotton swabs, tissues or feminine products.
- Have leaky or dripping faucets fixed as soon as possible.
- Hot water pipes should be insulated.
- Wash your clothes only when you have a full load of laundry.
- Make sure that sprinklers are watering your lawn and garden; not the driveway or street.
Looking for additional ways to go green? Our plumbers at Lancaster Plumbing, Heating and Cooling are here to help. We can install low flow toilets, low flow shower heads and faucet aerators in your home. Call (717) 207-9952 today to schedule service.