Spring has arrived and it's here to stay! Each year around this time is when many homeowners begin to do their yearly maintenance and cleaning around the house. Sometimes there can be so many things that need to get done, so here's a few reminders in case you forgot any!
- HVAC Filters – If you realized that you haven't changed your furnace or air conditioning filter in a while then you may want to do that right now. The average filter needs to be replaced monthly so be sure to keep going with this maintenance throughout the year.
- Exhaust Fans – The fans in your bathrooms can accumulate dust and debris so grab a stepping stool and take off its cover. Begin to wipe down and clean off any dirt or grime that may be latched onto it. To be safe, shut off the circuit to the bathroom while you are cleaning it.
- Detectors – Replace the batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Begin to dust the devices as well so none of the particles accidentally set either one off. This should be done twice a year so make a note to do this again in the fall.
- Toilet Check – Inspect the inside of each of your toilets' tanks and make sure that the flappers are still in good condition. This specific piece is one that needs to be replaced every so often to ensure a quality flush. An old flapper can create a weak flush and even a tank leak that can waste water and money.
- HVAC Service – Now that the weather is starting to warm up, the furnace will be turned off and the AC unit will be turned on. Contact a professional HVAC company so they can service each unit. It's best to service them before they are used and before they are turned off for the next half-year.
Spring cleaning is something that should be done each year in order to keep your house clean and running efficiently. When it's time to service your HVAC system or plumbing, contact the professionals at Lancaster Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical. To learn more, or to schedule an appointment, give us a call at (717) 207-9952.