Reliable Air Conditioning Repair in Lancaster, PA
You can count on our expert HVAC technicians to properly repair your cooling system. Our team can diagnose the cause of your system failure and apply the repairs to restore AC functionality and reliability.
We maintain a comprehensive stock of top-quality components and will always help you identify an affordable solution.
5 Common Signs Your AC Needs Repair
More often than not, your air conditioner will alert you to problems before a failure occurs. It’s important to pay close attention to your cooling system’s operation because promptly diagnosing issues can protect your system from damage and preserve your comfort.
If you notice any of these issues, we recommend scheduling AC repairs without delay:
- Leaks: Coolant leaks are a bright yellow-green. These are toxic and require professional assistance. If it’s clear, it’s probably water, which can indicate clogged drain lines.
- Warm air: Warm air blowing through registers can occur for many reasons, including low refrigerant, thermostat problems, dirty evaporator coils, or a malfunctioning compressor.
- No airflow: Restricted airflow can be caused by problems with ductwork or a failing compressor.
- Odors: Musty odors are typically due to mold growth, whereas burning odors can indicate problems with bearings, capacitors, or overheating motors.
- Rising humidity: Rising humidity is often caused by issues with the fan or coils.
When To Repair vs. Replace Your AC
A well-built, properly installed, and well-maintained air conditioner typically provides 15 to 20 years of service. As your cooling system ages, it’s normal for components to wear out, energy efficiency to wane, and indoor air quality to decline.
Fortunately, when caught early, most cooling system problems are easily repaired and won’t negatively impact the long-term performance of your air conditioner.
When deciding whether to repair or replace your air conditioner, we recommend considering:
- Age: If your cooling system is near the end of its estimated life span, replacing the unit with a newer, more energy-efficient model may be more cost-effective.
- Cost of repairs: Regardless of unit age, if any repair exceeds 50% of the replacement cost, then replacement is usually best. The exception is if the manufacturer’s warranty covers the required repairs.
- Energy efficiency: Newer air conditioners are more efficient than older ones. When your use remains constant but your utility bills increase, a replacement can save you money in the long run.
- Parts availability: Older units are more difficult to maintain because it’s often harder to find suitable components. If you have an older unit that uses R22 refrigerant, this is getting more difficult and costlier to obtain.
- Additions: If you’ve added rooms to your home, your existing unit may be too small for your needs.
Why You Should Join Our Service Partner Plan
When you join our maintenance program, you’ll receive:
- Priority service appointments
- Exclusive discounts
- Comprehensive visual and diagnostic system checks
- Long-term performance monitoring
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
Schedule AC Repair in Lancaster
Our NATE-certified technicians are committed to your comfort and the long-term reliability of your HVAC systems. Since 1904, our family-owned and -operated company has proudly served the Lancaster community with top-rated service.
When you choose our team, you can expect:
- Background-checked technicians
- Financing options
- No overtime charges
- Free estimates on replacements
- Upfront pricing