Electrical Panel Upgrades in Lancaster, PA
As a homeowner, you want to make sure your electrical panel is up to date and functioning correctly. The electrical panel is the heart of your home’s electrical system and is responsible for distributing electricity throughout the home.
Lancaster Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical offers various electrical services, including electrical panel upgrades, inspections, repairs, installations, and replacements.
Our licensed and insured electricians have the expertise to handle all your electrical needs. We take pride in being a family-owned and -operated business with over 100 years of experience in the industry.
We understand the importance of safety and staying up to code, and we offer background-checked technicians, upfront pricing, and no overtime charges. We also provide financing options and offer quality discounts.
Electrical Panel Inspections
Electrical panel inspections are a requirement for new home construction. Pennsylvania’s local code enforcement agency or a third-party electrical inspection agency, like Lancaster Plumbing & Heating, must inspect electrical work. Inspections ensure that new homes are safe and up to code.
Under some circumstances, you may need to have your older home’s panel inspected. Depending on the age and condition of your home’s electrical system, your local code enforcement agency may require an electrical panel inspection. Additionally, if you sell your home, the buyer’s lender or insurance company may require an electrical inspection.
Electrical panel inspections can help identify potential safety hazards. Over time, electrical panels can become outdated, overloaded, or damaged, which can create safety hazards. Regular inspections can help identify these issues before they become major problems, allowing you to make necessary repairs or upgrades to keep your home safe.
Electrical Panel Upgrades
If your home has an outdated electrical panel, it may be unable to keep up with your modern electrical needs. An electrical panel upgrade can improve the safety and efficiency of your home’s electrical system.
Here are some signs that you may need to upgrade your electrical panel:
- Your home is over 20 years old.
- Your circuit breakers trip frequently.
- You have an outdated fuse box.
- You have an electrical panel with less than 200 amps.
- Your lights flicker or dim when using appliances.
- You’re adding new appliances or electronics to your home.
Electrical Panel Repair
If you’re having electrical problems in your home, such as flickering lights or power outages, it’s important to hire a professional electrician for repairs. Here are some of the most common signs that your panel needs repair:
- Circuit breaker issues: If your circuit breaker trips frequently or won’t reset, it may indicate a problem with your electrical panel. A faulty circuit breaker, an overloaded circuit, or another issue with the board could cause the shortage.
- Flickering or dimming lights: If your lights flicker or dim when you turn on appliances or electronics, it could be a sign of an overloaded circuit or an issue with the electrical panel.
- A burning smell or unusual noises: If you notice a burning smell or hear unusual noises from your electrical panel, it could be a sign of an electrical problem, a loose wire, or a faulty circuit breaker.
- Corrosion or rust: Electrical panels can become corroded or rusted over time, affecting their performance and safety. If you notice corrosion or rust on your electrical panel, it’s important to have it inspected by a licensed electrician.
- Outdated equipment: If your electrical panel is outdated or uses obsolete equipment, it may need repairs or upgrades to bring it up to code and ensure it’s safe and efficient.
Attempting to fix electrical issues on your own can be dangerous and can result in electrical shocks or fires. At Lancaster Plumbing & Heating, our licensed and insured electricians have the expertise to diagnose and repair any electrical issues you may have.
Electrical Panel Installation & Replacement
If you’re building a new home, having an electrical panel that can handle your modern electrical needs is important. Our electricians can install a new electrical panel that’s safe, efficient, and up to code. If your home has an outdated electrical panel, we can replace it with a new one that meets your needs.
Schedule Electrical Panel Service in Lancaster
At Lancaster Plumbing & Heating, we’re committed to providing high-quality electrical services to homeowners in Pennsylvania. Our NATE-certified technicians receive ongoing training to stay updated with the latest technologies and techniques.
We offer free estimates on replacement quotes and upfront pricing, so you’ll never be surprised by hidden fees.
Don’t wait until it’s too late – ensure the safety and efficiency of your home’s electrical system with Lancaster Plumbing & Heating.