Heater Repairs in East Petersburg & Lancaster, PA
Providing Fast Heating Repairs Since 1904
During the coldest winter months, one of the worst things that can happen is your heater breaking down. Whether it’s making strange noises or not keeping your entire home heated properly, our team at Lancaster Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical can resolve the problem.
Our heating repair technicians are experienced, professional, and NATE-certified.
Knowledgeable in All Types of Heating Systems
Without professional training, it can be difficult to get to the source of your heating problem. It’s important that you don’t try to tamper with the heating equipment yourself, as it can be dangerous for the unit and yourself.
Instead, let our knowledgeable Lancaster Plumbing & Heating technicians inspect, diagnose, and repair your equipment in a timely manner.
We can repair any type of heating system, including:
- Gas furnaces
- Gas boilers
- Oil furnaces
- Oil boilers
- Heat pumps
- Electric heat/radiators
- Geothermal systems
- Ductless mini-splits
- Mobile home furnaces
Signs Your Heating System Needs Repair
Your heating system is critical for keeping your home comfortable during winter. It’s important to be aware of the signs that it may need repair. Ignoring these can lead to more significant issues later and even pose safety hazards.
Signs your heating system needs repair include:
- Odd noises: Unusual sounds, such as banging, clanging, or whistling, can indicate various problems. These noises may result from worn parts, a blocked return, or issues with the burner assembly.
- Yellow pilot light: If you have a gas furnace, the pilot light should burn blue. A yellow or flickering pilot light may indicate problems with the combustion process, potentially leading to incomplete burning and the release of harmful carbon monoxide.
- Uneven heating: If some areas of your home are warmer than others, it could mean there’s a problem with your heating system’s distribution. This might be due to blocked ducts or thermostat issues.
- Burning odors: If you detect unusual burning odors, this could be caused by overheating components, electrical issues, or a buildup of dust and debris in the system.
- Energy bill is higher: A sudden spike in your energy bills without an obvious explanation, like a colder-than-usual month, can point to an inefficient heating system. Malfunctioning components or reduced system efficiency can cause your heating system to work harder and consume more energy.
- Reduced indoor air quality: A poorly functioning heating system can decrease indoor air quality. If you notice more dust, allergens, or pollutants in the air, it may be due to dirty filters or ducts, or a malfunctioning system that can’t filter the air properly.
Regular maintenance and timely repairs ensure your comfort and contribute to the safety and longevity of your heating system. If you notice any of these signs, it’s best to call Lancaster Plumbing & Heating to diagnose and address the problem.
Contact Our Highly Trained Heating Repair Technicians Today
At Lancaster Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical, we believe that when your heating system isn’t working properly, you shouldn’t have to wait. There are several reasons why our company is trusted by homeowners and businesses in the area.
We’re rated A+ by the BBB for the quality of our services, we’re fully licensed and insured, and when we show up, our team is prepared to handle all your heating needs. Our truck is properly stocked with the right materials and tools to resolve your heating problems.