Electrical fires happen in residential homes across the country each and
every year. Luckily, there are things you can do to avoid electrical fires
altogether. Below are the most common causes of electrical fires and ways
to prevent them.
Do you have an older home? If so, it probably has an older electrical wiring
system to match. Old or faulty wiring has been known to start electrical
fires. To prevent this, have the whole house rewired.
You may think there is no harm in walking away from the kitchen while you’re
cooking. Quite the contrary. Cooking mishaps can lead to electrical fires.
To avoid this, do not leave the kitchen when cooking. Be sure to keep
the stove clear of any materials that could catch fire.
Appliances that Overheat
Some appliances are intended to generate heat. When an appliance overheats,
it can lead to a fire. There are a few ways to prevent this from happening:
- Inspect electrical appliances for damage.
- Do not overload electrical circuits.
- Never cover cables or plugs with rugs or pieces of furniture.
Have you spotted an electrical inefficiency in your home that needs to
be addressed by an electrician? If so, turn to the electricians at
LPH Service. Our electricians are expertly trained professionals who can quickly
diagnose the need, provide you with up front pricing, get the job done
right the first time, and thoroughly clean the work area. Call (717) 207-9952
today to schedule service.