Water Heater Repairs in Lancaster
While most tanks operate in the same way, there are some that do not. These are the more challenging ones as parts are a lot different. At some point in your life, you are going to need repairs done in order for a more functional tank.
All tanks work the same way. Cold water enters into the chamber as the water is then heated for your convenience. This process makes it a lot easier to perform daily living tasks such as cleaning your dishes, doing the laundry and bathing the children.
How to diagnose a Lancaster water tank:
- Look to see if the valve is sticking
- The thermostat is broken
- Pilot light went out (gas unit)
- Circuit breaker trips (electric)
- Heating element fails
This will alert you as to whether you need to call a professional for repairs or not. Replacing a tank can mean major money coming straight out of the pocket. Most of them run around &150 and go up from there. If your tank is older than a decade long, then a replacement may be in order instead of repairs.
Maintaining your heater will prevent it from needing costly repairs. Maintenance such as cleaning the gunk out from inside the tank may be necessary and will make the tank more effective as well as efficient.
The pros of each type of water tanks:
- Electric – This is one of the most affordable and easy to install plumbing appliances.
- Gas – heats evenly and is very cost effective. Gas is much more consistent than electric.
- Oil – Old-fashioned, but very expensive to operate. Found in a lot of older homes.
- Tankless – Water is always on demand which means that it will never run out.
- Solar – The newest in plumbing technology. Heats by the sun as that produces abundance of hot water.
A water tank is one of those appliances in the house that everyone takes for granted. But once they break down, it becomes more of a serious matter due to the fact that the alternative is to replace them which can be expensive.
For better water heater repairs call Lancaster Plumbing, Heating & Cooling. If they can’t repair your tank, then o one can as they are the masters of plumbing in the area. They are professional and always reliable. Call them for your next big repair!