Water Heater Repair in Lancaster, PA
Each Lancaster homeowner depends on a fully functioning water heater for the essential daily routines in their home. Washing, cooking, cleaning, laundry – none of these can happen effectively without a constant, reliable supply of hot water.
At Lancaster Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical, our expert plumbers and technicians have the knowledge and experience for all your water heater repair needs.
For water heater repair in Lancaster, call Lancaster Plumbing & Heating at (717) 207-8198 today.
Signs You Need Water Heater Repair
If your water heater malfunctions or breaks down, it’s vital that you have the problem corrected immediately. Water heater problems are common and recognizable. Here are a few signs to look out for when determining if your water heater needs repair:
- Leaks: Pooling water near your water heater can indicate problems with connections or with the tank itself. Cracked tanks are especially important to address immediately.
- Discolored water: Rust in your water heater can cause the water throughout your home to look brown or red. Many older homes with older water heaters develop this problem.
- An old water heater: If your unit is older than 10 to 15 years old, the frequency of repairs will increase as the water heater nears the end of its life span.
- Low water pressure: Natural sediment, rust, and mineral buildup can cause low water pressure throughout your home. Have a professional assess this to determine whether a system flush or repair might be needed.
Get your water heater repaired by the experts in Lancaster today. Call Lancaster Plumbing & Heating at (717) 207-8198.
How To Prevent Water Heater Leaks
A leaking water heater can cause property damage, especially if the leak is slow and barely noticeable. Here are a few ways to keep water heater leaks from happening and, if they do, a few ways to minimize the damage:
- Check the unit’s temperature and pressure relief valve annually.
- Call for professional maintenance to drain and flush the tank annually.
- Inspect water lines and connections for leaks, corrosion, or rust.
- See if your water heater has an anode rod. These collect corrosive materials but have a finite life span. When they stop working effectively, leaks occur more easily. Replacing the anode rode will correct this.
- If your water heater sits on particle board, replace the board with a drain pan.
- Apply water sealant to the floor around the water heater, just in case.
Water heaters can be dangerous; if you suspect an issue, it’s always best to call a professional plumber.
Want to learn more about preventing water heater leaks in Lancaster? Call Lancaster Plumbing & Heating at (717) 207-8198.
Schedule Water Heater Repairs in Lancaster
Lancaster Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical has offered homeowners dependable home services since 1904. We’re a second-generation, family-owned and –operated business.
Our expert plumbers and technicians are background-checked and receive regular training. These are just one of the many ways we make sure our clients get the best service possible.
We offer free estimates on replacement quotes and service all brands. We provide upfront pricing and don’t charge for overtime. With our water heater repairs, we’ll make sure you receive the service you deserve.
Check out our specials for additional savings.
To schedule your water heater repair in Lancaster, call Lancaster Plumbing & Heating at (717) 207-8198 today.