A lot of people plan their vacations in the summertime. If you plan on
getting away from it all in the next few months, don’t jet off without
prepping your plumbing system first. Doing so will help you avoid coming
home to a busted water pipe. Below are some tips to get your plumbing
1) Remember to open all of the faucets in your home. This includes all
of the spigots, sink and bathtub faucets.
2) Remove any outdoor hoses that are connected to spigots. Turn on the
sprinkler system to drain these outdoor plumbing fixtures.
3) It is also a good idea to drain your water heater.
4) Allow one valve in your home to stay open. It should be the valve located
in the garage, utility room or basement.
If you experience any plumbing problems in your home, don’t attempt
a DIY project to fix it. Just turn to the professional plumbers at Lancaster
Plumbing, Heating and Cooling. After all, some projects are best left
to the professionals. You can always count on us for speedy plumbing repairs. Call
(717) 207-9952 to request service.